Super Bowl Snacks
Super Bowl snacks consist of the usual chips, soda and the occasional hero extravaganza. If you ask me however Super Bowl snacks should be treated with more respect. Besides Super Bowl Sunday is practically a national holiday! Right? I went around to look for the perfect Super Bowl snacks and found some great recipes on a few different sites. Take a peek!
Super Bowl Snacks #1
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Alright I must give credit to my good friend Mrs. Kerry Gomez. For three years now I have enjoyed the majority of my football Sundays with Kerry and her husband (“SILF”). Naturally Kerry’s Buffalo Chicken Dip has to make the list at number one, everyone raves about it.
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup FRANK’S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
MIX in salad dressing, Frank’s RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
We chose to use Tostitos with the dip but hey you can use whatever your heart desires. This recipe will serve about 5-10 people for snacking purposes and takes about 25 minutes from start to finish.
The next recipe I found while perusing the internet and I figured hey why the heck not. It’s an interesting choice to put on the list for Super Bowl snacks, however it may turn out good for those of you who love seafood.
Super Bowl Snacks #2
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, free of shells
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced, optional
- 5 to 6 roasted garlic cloves or 2 cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot with crackers or toast points.
Super Bowl Snacks #3
Alright guys the next recipe I found on Busycooks.com and oh boy do they just look good. The picture stopped me dead in my tracks and I was like ok this is a whole new spin on pigs in a blanket.
- 3/4 pound regular bacon
- 1 pound package small smoked sausages
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut bacon slices in half. Fry bacon in large pan until some of the fat is rendered but the bacon is still pliable; do not let bacon get crisp.
Cool bacon 5 minutes on paper towels, then wrap each sausage with a piece of the precooked bacon. Roll each little bundle in brown sugar, fasten with a toothpick, and place on wire rack. Place rack in 13″ x 9″ baking pan lined with foil.
Drizzle maple syrup over the sausages and sprinkle with pepper. Bake 25-35 minutes until sausages are hot and bacon is crisp. Remove rack from pan and cool sausage bundles 4-5 minutes before serving. Serves 8
It’s important to use the wire rack because the drippings that come from the bacon and sugar burn easily. You want to keep the little sausages out of the drippings.
Super Bowl Snack #4
For our more health conscious Super Bowl snackers, here is a recipe that still allows you to enjoy the classic chicken wing on game day, without the added calorie intake.
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips trimmed off
1. In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine vodka, lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Add the chicken wings and mix to coat. Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9- by 13-in. baking pan with two layers of foil. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the pan, and pour the marinade evenly over all. Bake until meat is well browned and pulling away from the bone, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
For some more great Super Bowl Snacks check out these recipes below.