Divorce Taking a Look at TomKat
When we hear about people getting divorced, celebrities or not, we get more and more desensitized. The Tom Cruise story is sad because he was so passionate about her (publicly) at the beginning, however we all should be that passionate at the beginning, right?
I suppose as long as you last longer than Kim Kardashian, in Hollywood, Tom and Katie had a good run. What about you? Do you fear you too will get divorced since the statistics are so blatantly depressing?
Here are two views to think about, why to not get divorced and why to get divorced. Oh yes, you’ll want to read this…
Top five reasons why you do not want to get divorced and how to prevent it:
- If you have kids, getting divorced just makes things even more emotional and messy.
- In America, it is not yet acceptable to have a “Divorce Party.” If we can all get together to celebrate two families coming together, why not celebrate them coming apart? Too bad many people leave on bad terms—it would be an awkward and possibly delightfully bloody party.
- If you do not want to get divorced, accept your mate’s faults and then “just don’t get mad.” Seriously, when reporters interview old folks that have been married for 60+ years, this is often what they say.
- Come to terms with what aspects of the relationship you are good at and what your spouse is good at, and use that. Tell your wife she looks more beautiful, the older she gets.
- Expect the alternative of either being alone or dealing with singles events or online dates for an indefinite period of time, which might be motivation enough to look at your spouse in a more positive light.
Top five reasons why you do want to get divorced and how to promote it:
- Man and woman are likely not meant to spend THAT much time together. For men, it’s often like buying a car. You love it and it treats you well for many years. At some point the car starts falling apart, it inconveniences you, it costs you lots of money, and you realize that the relationship may be coming, appropriately, to an end. For women, it’s like buying nice clothes. They make you feel like a million bucks, you get a lot of use out of them, and it feels great when you first purchase them. Eventually the clothes wear out, get out of style, or you just plain get tired of them.
- You could start the “anti-monogamous” movement. Men are like bees, they need to go from flower to flower to spread the pollen.
- Tell your wife she looks more like a high-class whore, the older she gets. Makeup can be a good or a very bad thing.
- Tell your husband if he gets any fatter you will sue him for false advertising. Tell your kids to call him a fatass from now on.
- Suggest the mother-in-law move in for an indefinite period of time.
The bottom line here is that if the relationship is no good, divorce is a good thing. Do not try to make a bad marriage work. If the relationship is good but just has mild problems, than eat it, enjoy the positives, and be glad you’re not on Match.com. We all have to remember that the grass is always greener on the other side.